24bit data bus width

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it possible to configure the data bus widt to 24 bits? I've checked the differences between 8, 16 and 32 bit, there only changes the 79th line in the last 8 bits (CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_BUS_CONFIG).

I need 24 bit data width and SPI for my booting from SPI flash (firmware). If I look to the pin list in the datasheet , I can see that there is no intersection between data bus and SPI bus.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. You can configure the GPIF II data bus to 24-bit.

Please do the following change in the GPIF II descriptors.

0x00000068,  /*  CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_BUS_CONFIG

Thanks,

sai kirshna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked about this internally and it looks like current SDK does not support the 24-bit data bus.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is in SDK 1.2.1 or in future the possibility to change the data bus width to 24Bits? It is necessarry to have SPI boot, too, so I can't configure to 32Bits.

Regards,

lpcy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.

Yes. We do have a plan to release the SDK which supports 24-bit as well. Currently testing is going on for 24-bit but the time line for release is not fixed yet.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Is there any update on 24 bit GPIF II bus support. In particular, I need SPI available concurrently with 24 bit GPIF II. Thank you!   
0 Likes