Programming the WICED Sense Module on MAC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is there any documentation for programming the WICED Sense module on a MAC? I have v 2.1.1.

I plugged it in to the USB port but nothing happens (it's not visible with ls /dev/cu* or in the system info) I tried on windows and it makes a noise like it's working and shows up in the device manager so maybe it's a driver issue?

Also, it doesn't look like there is a platform for this module in the SDK 2.1.1 either, only BCM920736TAG_Q32 and BCM920737TAG_Q32 is there, should there be another one or is BCM920737TAG_Q32 the one to use?

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

WICED Sense uses a Silicon Labs  USB-UART bridge chip. So you will need the drivers from USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers | Silicon Labs

WICED Sense uses a 20737S module, so you can use BCM920737TAG_Q32. You can program it using the SDK just like you would the tag board.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

WICED Sense uses a Silicon Labs  USB-UART bridge chip. So you will need the drivers from USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers | Silicon Labs

WICED Sense uses a 20737S module, so you can use BCM920737TAG_Q32. You can program it using the SDK just like you would the tag board.