Which memory saves the program in PSoC 5LP Development board? Thank you!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Could you please tell me which memory saves the program loaded from PC in PSoC 5LP Development board? 

Because after I load my program through usb, the program is still on board when I use the board next time. It seems that the program is stored in a ROM.  I checked that development kit has FX2LP which also has EEPROM like PSoC chip. Is the memory in FX2LP or in PSoC chip? I'm confused about the programming process. It would be great if you could tell me a little about how the program is loaded? Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

All PSoCs have got flash memory on chip which can be erased and re-programmed. Flash keeps it information when power is removed, just like an USB memory-stick. Flash can be programmed 100K times which is usually less than EEProm is capable of.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob, 

Thank you!  That makes sense.  So the code from PC is loaded by FX2LP via USB and stored into flash memory on PSoC chip. Am I right?

Best,

Mengxuan

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, that's right. The FX2-chip builds the USB interface to the PC and the programming and debugging interface to the PSoC5LP.

The programming of the FX2 is usually not changed, only the PSoC's flash gets updated with a new project.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Flash and EEPROM Erase/Write cycle lifetime -

EEPROM -

0 Likes