PSoC Creator 3.1 CP1 Visual C++ Runtime Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently updated to the latest version of PSoC Creator 3.1, Component Pack 1 and am experiencing a software error when editing a header file.

When I add a #define statement and begin typing the tag, for every character I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error (dialog attached). I will click ignore but for every character the error occurs.

If I copy/paste a tag the error does not occur, only when typing the characters.

This did not occur with the previous version, same project and files.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Append a blank line to your file and all will be well. No joke.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Append a blank line to your file and all will be well. No joke.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that worked. Thanks!

What is the reason for this?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The background compiler that is checking your project named "Clank" is obviously interfaced errornously in Creator. The issue is already known and afaik is worked on already.

Bob

0 Likes
TOSA_301921
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
        I also same thing has occurred. Do you use a shared folder?  If so,is your source files in "shared folder", if you kindly move to un-shared folder and try (C or D drives). Or,there is one more work around where you can use share folders but you need to disable Semantic Parsing: "Tools > Options > Semantic Parsing menu item" Have you tried this.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The files are not in a shared folder. The solution offered by Bob was the correct one.

0 Likes