cm3 reset interrupt problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Cypress Developer Community!

I am dealing with a simple Psoc 5 project using a TIMER and a UART and sometimes the debugger wont start my application.

After the reset interrupt entering the function "Reset"

__attribute__ ((naked))
void Reset(void)
{
    __asm volatile(

}

causes the system to get stucked, so the main function is never reached.

Having a look at the disassembly view I can see, that the cs3-start-routine got stucked in a while loop, see red marked lines:

0x00000010 <__cs3_start_c>:
 350:     uint8 buffer[] = {  (uint8)(BAL_MSG_ID_ACK << 8),
 351:                         (uint8)(BAL_MSG_ID_ACK),
 352:                         BAL_MSG_LENGTH_ACK,
 353:                         val
 354:                      };
0x00000010 push    {r7, lr}
0x00000012 ldr    r0, [pc, #50]    ; (64 <__cs3_start_c+0x54>)
0x00000014 ldr    r3, [pc, #50]    ; (68 <__cs3_start_c+0x58>)
0x00000016 b.n    5c <__cs3_start_c+0x4c>
0x00000018 ldr    r4, [r3, #4]
0x0000001A ldr    r1, [r3, #8]
0x0000001C ldr    r5, [r3, #c]
0x0000001E cmp    r4, r1

75:    
  76:

77:     return BPL_TransmitMessage(buffer, 4);
0x00000020 beq.n    3c <__cs3_start_c+0x2c>
0x00000022 movs    r2, #0
0x00000024 b.n    32 <__cs3_start_c+0x22>
0x00000026 adds    r6, r4, r2
0x00000028 adds    r2, #8
0x0000002A ldrd    r8, r9, [r6]
0x0000002E strd    r8, r9, [r1, #0-8]
 335: }
0x00000032 mov    ip, r1
0x00000034 adds    r1, #8
0x00000036 cmp    r2, r5
0x00000038 bne.n    26 <__cs3_start_c+0x16>

I used to have this problem some weeks ago, but it somehow did not appear after I programmed the device with some other test application. However it popped up again and I cannot start any debug session, also the bootloader wont start my appication.

I am using a development board and my device is a CY8C5568AXI-060 and I am using the PSoC Creator 2.2.
(Higher PSoC Creator Versions will not work as they no more support that silicon version)

Any idea, what could cause this behavior?

Best regards,
Martin

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your PSoC5 should have been replaced with am LP version for free, probably you missed that. Only very few CDC members still use a 3.3 version of Creator, so helping you is difficult.

A suggestion could be to contact your local Cypress FAE or distri and ask for a (late) replacement of your boards / chips.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention, that I can still debug other applications, which means it is not necessarily a hardware problem.

I connect the device via usb with my laptop and already tried another cable because sometimes, lets say in 1 of 100 attempts, it works. Besides programming the device always works fine.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your PSoC5 should have been replaced with am LP version for free, probably you missed that. Only very few CDC members still use a 3.3 version of Creator, so helping you is difficult.

A suggestion could be to contact your local Cypress FAE or distri and ask for a (late) replacement of your boards / chips.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Or file a CASE and ask for a board swap -

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank's for your reply Bob! 

It's been a while since I've bought that development board and now I'm using it at home for some private project, so if it is no need, I try to avoid bying new devices unless I can get a LP version for free 😉

I cant upgrade to a higher Creator version as the CY8C5568AXI-060 was a special silicon version, which is no longer supported in the creator's device list. Well, I don't expect too much and if I have to replace it, than I'll do so, but in this certain issue I want at least find out, why my device behaves like this.

I just figured out, that the programm is started by the bootloader so the problem only occures when I try to start a debug session.

I have created a new project from the scratch, copied all my files and the problem disappeared ... well for the moment, but I'm afraid it comes back sooner or later and I still have no clue where it comes from.

At work I had a similar issue with an psoc3 and it turned out that our RC-filters at the debug pins caused a delay causing the debugger beeing unable to connect. But in my case I'm using the development board this should not be the reason.

Martin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank's for the hint Dana!

I've bought this development board when I was a student, now I'm no longer a student and use it for provate purposes.

Do you think I can still get a board swap?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You loose nothing by asking.

Regards, Dana.

Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You may visit Cypress at "embedded world" in Nürnberg. I am quite certain that you can get help (and lots of information) at the Cypress boot. The representative for cypress in Germany will attend, there will be give-aways, BLE-solutions will be shown and a lot of nice people will be present.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank's for the support, Bob and Dana!

I've been to Embedded World last year and got a psoc4, which would probably do it  for me.
Nevertheless your suggestion to replace the device is reasonable and would certainly solve the problem.

I just hoped to find out, what exactly is the reason for this behavior, because you never know when you have to deal with these kind of problems and it is a relieve beeing able to put such problems to the section "lessons learned" 😉

0 Likes