PSOC5 USB Mass Storage Example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an example project showing a PSOC5 as a USB Mass Storage Device?  I need one to pull in some data and log it to an SD card, then let us pull it over USB later.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of now, we do not have any code that is readily available for MASS Storgae using PSoC5. However, you can implement Mass storage using PSoC5 by rmodifying the descriptors fro the deivce. You can refer the descriptors for the device NX2LP which is available here, http://www.cypress.com/?id=196. You can copy the same descriptors from the source file for this device. At the same time, there are some specific USB requests that is associated with the Mass Storage device, your PSoC5 code should be capable of handling all these requests. You could straight away see how it is done for NX2LP and copy paste and edit to get it working. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this post is very old, but i take the chance to see if i can still get an answer. I can't seem to find any newer posts regarding this topic.

Has Cypress made a solution for Mass Storage support in PSoC5?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This component -

www.cypress.com/

A PSOC 4 example -

http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-63798/l/project-50--sd-card-example-psoc-4-pioneer-kit-c...

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a little while since someone posted on this thread, but I wanted to check in to see if anyone has figured out a quick way to implement USB mass storage using the PSoC and the emFile system. Along the lines of everyone in this thread, I'm thinking that a user could plug into the USB port of the PSoC and then browse the SD card data (text files, etc) using their computer. 

Thanks!

0 Likes

I would  also like to know if someone has a code example that implements MSC on PSOC5.
Seems like a giant hole in the documentation.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you look at the capabilities of the KitProg2 you will see that this is already done. Cypress still keeps the source confidential, so you might try to create a technical case and try getting it.

Bob

0 Likes