$4 PSoC examples fail to install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, newbie here. I am trying to get the examples installed from Lesson 4 of the $4 PSoC board. I downloaded the installer trhough the Akamai (why?) DM. It won't install and ends up with below InstallShield error. When I click Yes, it ends up here again. FYI: I did install the whole PSoC Creator IDE without any complaints.

Any ideas for a newbie and windows 7 in virtualbox user?

Arthur

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

What example are you talking about? I know about the "100 projects in 100 days", but the example project here comes as ZIP file (http://www.element14.com/community/thread/23736/l/100-projects-in-100-days?displayFullThread=true ).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, RTFM. I installed just the PSoC Creator and the kit, but I needed to install the whole .iso. Thanks!

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored
        Hi Arthur, I'm facing the same problem. I installed PSoC Creator 3.1 CP1 (without having any earlier versions of PSoC Creator installed before), additionally installed the USB-SDK, which is needed for the 4200 Prototyping kit. After that, the installer continued to install, but PSoC Creator doesn't recognize the kit installation... Any ideas? Regards, Ralf   
0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored
        Hmmm.... seems that PSoC Creator fooled me... The 4200 prototyping kit installs just as other kits do (creates a folder in the Cypress installation directory), but doesn't create a kit link in the 'examples and kits' section as other kits do. Instead, there are simply new examples added which can be found by 'search examples'. Regards, Ralf   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just followed the kit guide pdf and that did it for me. It even works fine with Win7 32bit on VirtualBox on Mac 10.10. Another gotcha there was getting the Serial USB working. One simply has to add the kit as a USB port device and not attempt to create a serial port for it. This way the cypress USB drivers can do their thing on the Win7 end. Ok, not related to my original post, but allez.

0 Likes