Is the WICED SMART explorer App open source?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear,

I'm trying to develop the BLE connection manager as WICED SMART explorer.which is supported by Broadcom

Meanwhile I heard that WICED SMART explorer App seems to be open source.

Is it true? if it is, please let me know how to get the source.

Even WICED SMART explorer is not open source,

Could you let me know any other BLE Connection Manager App which is similar to WICED SMART Explorer?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Where did you hear that our App on Google Play is open source?  I wasn't aware that we are providing source for this application.

LightBlue is an explorer type app that we use in the QuickStart Guide, but it's only provided on iOS.

For Android, see if you can find an app cal "BLE Explorer" in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alexodus.bleexplorer&hl=en

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Where did you hear that our App on Google Play is open source?  I wasn't aware that we are providing source for this application.

LightBlue is an explorer type app that we use in the QuickStart Guide, but it's only provided on iOS.

For Android, see if you can find an app cal "BLE Explorer" in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alexodus.bleexplorer&hl=en

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply and here is one more question to you.

I know BLE explorer is similar to WICED SMART explorer.

However, I tried to find the open source file of BLE explorer but I've never found it.

So, I guess it's not an open source app... Is it right??

0 Likes

I ran some searches on Google and it doesn't appear that BLE Explorer is open source.  I will ask around internally and see if any of the SW developers are aware of a BLE Explorer type application that is open source.

One quick here, the application below is released by Broadcom:

WICED SMART Explorer - Android Apps on Google Play

I think one of the question is to understand if this application running on Android is open source the same way the WICED Sense App is for iPhone (WICED Sense iOS Source (v1.0))

I am pretty sure this Android WICED SMART Explorer is not open source right now, but maybe in the future. Is it possible to confirm?

Correct, I'm almost certain it is not,  but will check.

0 Likes

Just confirmed that we do not provide the source for any of the applications we provide in either the Google Play or iOS app stores.  The primary reasoning behind this is the amount of support that would be required to support such an offering.

0 Likes