Back from "embedded world" fair

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I am now back home from a visit to Cypress at the embedded world in Nuremberg hving talked to many of the Cypress engineers and having seen the new devices Cypress is going to release.

In my opinion the most remarkable news is a PSoC5 Prototyping Kit that, differently to the PSoC4 version, allows for debugging!!!

Second in list, not in value, is a re-designed Pioneer Kit which has got an external F-Ram on-board that is interfaced like an eeprom, but is quite more reliable and nearly immune against power losses during write-accesses, see a video here. I was able to see at the Cypress booth that there is no fake with the F-Ram, so no additional pre-cautions are needed to bypass the power-loss problem when an eeprom-write is started.

Cypress announced some larger PSoC4 BLE chips for the next quater

And lastly: I had a (very) small glimpse ar a Creator 3.2 Beta on one of the PCs, so stay tuned for the new announcements when all of those "secrets" get official.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I like the new psoc5LP kit, every interesting. Not sure if can get it from element14 in Australia. $10 is good price.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

At least you can get it from Cypress directly, won't take more time than getting it from a local distri because shipment hasn't started yet.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

But $30 shipping on a $10 kit is kind of ... bad.

0 Likes