psco5 bootload siliconID mismatch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to make a usb bootloadable project for my psoc5.

I can program with the miniprog just fine.

I built the bootloader project, added it to my bootloadable project.

When I actually attempt to load, via the USB, new code (using the bootloader host in psocCreator/tools) I get this:

03:05:30 PM - Selected device: USB Human Interface Device (04B4_B71D)
03:05:33 PM - Programming Started
03:05:33 PM - The attached device is not compatible with the one specified.  The Silicon ID/Silicon Revision reported by the device do not match the value expected based on the contents of the *.cyacd file.
Programming completed in 32ms.

Any idea? I don't know how the siliconID/Revision are arrived at in the bootloader code and how they could be different in my bootloadable binary download file (the cyacd file).

0 Likes
13 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The "USB Human Interface Device" seems wrong to me. AfaIk it should be a com-port

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's a com port running over the USB.

The point here is that everything seems to be running up to the checking of the siliconID/rev, which fails.

Checking those values in the source code of the bootloader project gives the same values as in the cyacd file, which starts with:

2E1260690000
:00004501200080002011450000B958.....

The ID and rev match what I see in the code.  But the last byte, a checksum seems wrong.

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Triple check that the devices in BootLoader and BootLoadable projects are literaly the very same.

If they really are post a workspace that contains both projects, somebody here will have a look at and/or try to program that into a PSoC5. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

BTW: Did you really learn to program in Forth?

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a (minimal) bundle with both projects.

Thanks for the help.

And yes, I do program in Forth.  At least most of the time.  Obviously not on these parts as I've not seen an easy way to extract all the fabric/hardware programming out of the C code. 

I won't go into what I think of programming Cortex M parts in C as opposed to Forth.  Leave it at - I program most of the time in Forth - for a reason.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Cannot open the bootloader, please retry and check.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a "bundle" rather than a "minimal archive".

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Never having programmed in Forth, just ASM on several micros, Basic, Fortran, 

C, I would be interested in your comments on Forth.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm working on PSOC4 BLE, PSOC is new for me. I programmed my PSOC chip with a few programs, But now it is giving some errors E.g. Port not aquire, Device was recognized but PSOC creator doesn't support using it at this time, Hex file does not match with aquire device. I tried so many ways to sort out this problem but i didn't solve this. I don't have miniprog3. Give me the best way how can i solve this problem.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, chopra.

Can you be a bit more specific which kind of hardware you use? A Cypress Kit?? An own PCB??? And will you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

I'm using PSOC4 BLE (CY8CKIT-042 BLE).  I created some projects there related to UART, ADC, RTC & LCD etc. I feed some of programs in PSOC chip(CY8C4247LQI-BL483). But i want to program ADC also in PSOC so i'm trying to feed this prgram in PSOC, But it is giving some error e.g. Port not aquire, Device was recognized but PSOC creator doesn't support using it at this time, Hex file does not match with aquire device.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There are two things I find at first sight.

Update to Creator 3.3 and update your component to latest ersions, there have been changes made.

You do not need a Bootloadable component, since you will program (and debug!!!) the project with the KitProg integrated onto the kit's pcb. Easiest is to use the "Debug" button in Creators menu.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you program a chip, first command executed is an "Erase all" which will delete everything. When you talk about the project list in Creator's start page... Rename or delete your unused projects. The names do not disappear, but when you try to open a deleted project you will be offered to have the entry removed.

Bob

0 Likes