jtag/openocd/Cypress EZ USB suite setup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have the integrated jtag debugger on the SuperSpeed Explorer KIt (CYUSBKIT-003 FX3) working on version 1.3 of the Cypress EZ suite?  I followed the directions in the User guide, but it's a little out of date (e.g. I noticed file paths had changed).  Once, I figured out where things had been moved I got Eclipse confgiured; however, when I run the debugger I get the following error

"localhost:3333: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

Are there any changes that need to be made to to the debugging setup?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Tried using the built in GDB OpenOCD Debugging configuration rather than the Zylin Embedded debug (Native).  I'm encountering the same error.  It's really irritating that I can't get this to work since there's no option to t use a different debugger on the CYUSB3Kit-003.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having trouble too, and its more than 6 months later. Are there successes out there? Can anybody say what works, like host OS, toolchain revs, etc?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. But I think the OpenOCD is not running at background so there's no server to connect.

Now my questing is: Why OpenOCD.exe terminated after launch?

Here's what I got:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\SuperSpeed Explorer Kit\1.0\USBSerialOpenOCD>openocd.exe -f arm926ejs_FX3.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.7.0 (2013-11-08-13:13)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
        http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Warn : Adapter driver 'openjtag' did not declare which transports it allows; assuming legacy JTAG-only
Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'
adapter_nsrst_delay: 200
jtag_ntrst_delay: 200
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
trst_and_srst srst_pulls_trst srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst
RCLK - adaptive
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
in procedure 'init'

But on documentation, it supposed to be:

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It works for me after starting opendbg by hand with the command: openocd.exe -f arm926ejs_FX3.cfg

0 Likes