Psoc 5 Module Programming Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am using psoc 5 (cy8ckit-050) for doing a project. Software I am using is PSOC creator 3.1 and programmer 3.22.2. I succeded in building my project but when I try to program it, it is not working. Actually nothing is happening when I click on program. When I checked the port settings I could see this message " PSoc 5 : This device was recognised, but PSoC creator does not support using it at this time". I am using Win 8 64 bit OS. Help me identifying the problem please.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can it be the case that you are using an outdated PSoC5 chip on your board? Actual chip is PSoC5LP, the former has been obsoleted and replaced by Cypress when Creator version 2 upgraded to version 3. Your screenshot does not show the chip description to be quite sure.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think so. I am a student and the board was given by my profesor. The creater version came with the kit is 2. It must be bought around 2 years back. If I am using an outdated chip how can I still do my project? Can I downgrade my OS and install creator 2?

Is it clear from the pictures attatched?

on the chip on board it is written cy8c5568axi-060 12.25 b 04 6223 16

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Yes, that device is not supported by Creator 3.x, see http://www.cypress.com/?id=2233 . You actually are not able to select it in the device selector.

You can install Creator 2.2 in parallel to Creator 3.1, download is here: http://www.cypress.com/?rID=39551

Note that you will need to re-create your project and re-draw the schematics. Code can be reused, though.

I'm not sure about the compatibility of that version with Win8 64bit, you might try searching the forum for any problems (I remember some discussions around win7 64bit)

0 Likes