100 Projects in 100 Days: First 20 Projects

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool!

Are you guys also open for requests/ideas from the forum members? Or open up a challenge for forum members to create something and you include those in your 100 project list?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool!

Are you guys also open for requests/ideas from the forum members? Or open up a challenge for forum members to create something and you include those in your 100 project list?

0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee

Yes, it'll be great if we can get ideas from the forum members regarding what project they want. We can try to include those projects as a part of our 100 Projects list.

Regarding forum members posting a project, certainly yes. It'll be our pleasure if any of the forum member would like to upload his/her project, designed using PSoC 4 BLE device. We can validate the project and upload it on the website.

We do have a BLE Design Challenge going on - PSoC Maker, user can participate in that. 

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I would like to see an example for setting the current time / date on a PSoC BLE device. Specifically: I have a GAP peripheral that acts as a GATT server, and I want to set its time from the connected phone (thats acting as GATT client).

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

And since I have seen this question coming up: a project showing how firmware can be updated via BLE (a BLE bootloader) would also be nice.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hli - Good ones..

In case you need the time example now, I stumbled upon this (when I was looking for BLE MIDI code) - https://github.com/yourskp/BLE/tree/master/PSoC4_BLE_RTC/PSoC4_BLE_RTC.cydsn

This looks like a cypress internal repo 🙂

My list - Home automation, IPv6, firmware update,  toy control.. more of BLE systems and not just the simple examples.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Cool find, I will have a look at it. But from a quick look it seems as if this is using a GATT client, and thats not my use case 😞

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

I don't think we will see IPv& over BLE, its deisgned for network connections (UART is already a stretch).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hli - Got it..then that needs to be a custom service implementation?.. curious to know why you want the accessory as GATT server when the phone supports current time server?

6LoWPAN over Bluetooth LE is real now.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

In my project the PSoC is a GATT server since its the one providing the data to the phone (the PSoC works as kind of data logger). I could live without the proper time, but it would make the functionality much better.

I just saw that Project #13 (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=108579&cache=0 ) does kind of what I would need - a GAP peripheral works as GATT client and server at the same time. Maybe I need to look at that.

0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee

We started with how easily you can implement basic features of BLE using PSoC 4 BLE device. In the coming projects, we'll see firmware update over the air (BLE bootloader), and various application specific examples like toy control, home automation, gas sensor etc.

0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee

@hli - in a single GAP role, you can have one service as a GATT Server and other as a GATT Client. This way you can use the Current Time Service to get the exact time from the mobile phone instead of setting it using a custom app.

This is the exact concept we'll show with one of our RTC examples.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Oh, I just saw that the Github link in project #13 is wrong (points to the previous project). The right link is: https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day013_Cli...

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

@pmad: Yeah, I just found that out too. Right now I'm working on incorporating that service in my program. Unfortunately the event handling in your new example program differs to the Creator example programs by a great amount, that makes it quite difficult.

One caveat: when changing the GATT profile role from 'server' to 'client and server' all the previous service configuration I had for my GATT server was lost. I would have expected it to stay - there is no reason to scrap it. Likewise I cannot export my whole profile (from when I have only the server role) and import it afterwards - I needed to export all service individually and import them again not keep my configuration.

Regarding the time service: it would be great if you can add a Android (and maybe iOS) app that acts as the time server (or will this work OOB?).

0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee

@hli - Thanks for pointing out the link error. I have updated the blog, let me know if you face any kind of problem in furture.

Regarding your comment for not able to save the individual profiles or services or a whole chunk of them. It's a good feedback, let me take it to our software team and see how we can add this feature.

W.r.t. the current time service example, it'll use iOS as an example.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Too bad, I would need it for Android 😞

0 Likes