Unable to connect to D-Link DSR-500N SSID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

First of all I have no issue connecting to any other router except access point from D-Link DSR-500N, so this is about trying to debug why i'm unable to obtain IP address when joining AP from D-Link. I have tried all configurations including radio signal setting, security type, encryption type, etc..... Joining is ok but unable to get the IP address. Note that only WICED (tried with many different EVB) has this issue, I have no problem connecting the same access point from my phone or pc... below is the print message using WICED https_client

Joining : MyTestAp

Successfully joined : MyTestAp

Obtaining IPv4 address via DHCP

Setting IPv6 link-local address

...... Here is where its trying to obtain IP but it couldn't

Resolving IP address of HTTPS server

Server is at 0.0.0.0

Getting '/'...

Server returned

PS. Can anyone help how i'm able to debug this issue from WICED SDK (2.4.1)?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some update to my original discussion

It seems that channel has major impact to this issue, if I fix the channel to 11, 10, or 9 i can obtain IP without any issue... Setting anything below 9 won't work. Anyone has any idea what is going on? by the way, the router still works well with other devices (e.g., PC, Phones, etc...).

PS. Again this is an issue with this model D-Link DSR-500N, there is no issue with other router that i have (just few).

0 Likes

We have not heard of this issue in the past?  Can you update the router FW?  It is strange that it works with other Broadcom devices.  Also, can you try SDK 3.1.0 and let us know if this is still an issue?Broadcom WICED Software Development Kit 3.1.0

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gangi,

Ok, I will find time to test this issue with latest SDK and let you know the result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gangi,

Here is update for SDk 3.1.0 for this issue - Its still the same as before. Join successful but unable to obtain IP... Just like i described from original post.

0 Likes

How are you trying to join? 

Can you try with console app running and see if you get something like this?

13:41:06.549: > join BRCMGUEST wpa2 <passphrase>

13:41:30.188: Joining : BRCMGUEST

13:41:30.188: Successfully joined : BRCMGUEST

13:41:33.068: Obtaining IPv4 address via DHCP

13:41:33.084: Setting IPv6 link-local address

13:41:33.085: IPv4 network ready IP: 10.16.101.111

You can follow this Blog to help guide you.

Using AP(softAP) and STA(client) simultaneously

0 Likes