PSoC 5 Frequency Counter, Problem when routing Clock Externally

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
    Hi   

I have initially mentioned my two issues related to frequency counter in this thread.   

As the second issues mentioned in that thread was separate from the thread title, I have created this second thread.   

Here I have taken example of frequency counter suggested in this thread:   

and modified it. Please see attached project and Picture file 4.jpg. See the path for “Freq_Clock” and see the attached picture and this are three cases:   

Case 1)   

RPM frequency is generated 12 KHz, Routed to PIN P0[6], through a external wire(jumper) connected to PIN P0[2]. Result: working fine   

Case 2)   

RPM frequency is generated 15 KHz, Routed to PIN P0[6], through a external wire(jumper) connected to PIN P0[2]. Result: working not OK.   

Case 3)   

RPM frequency is generated 15 KHz, directly connected on schematic with Frequency Counter. Result: working not OK.   
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tested the project with external wire with 15 kHz input frequency. It measures correctly. Can you check if wire was properly connected ? 

Also, I noticed that you have double sync enabled on input pin. Disable the double sync on input pin "Freq_In" as it syncs input signal with master clock twice. You are anyways syncing input later in the schematic. I have attached an image showing how to disable double sync. 

Thank you,

Pavan

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot the attachment. Here it is. 

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pavan,

Have you seen my 4.jpg? I have tested with wire connected (un touched) and changed freq to 12 Khz. It is working fine. I have even try transparent mode for freq_in as you suggested. No success.

0 Likes