Interfacing PSoC 5 with CC2500

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to interface PSoC 5 with CC2500  for doing a project. I have output from the Rx pin of cc2500 (TTL). How do I get the data to PSoC 5? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

AFAICS the CC2500 has a SPI interface. So where do you get the RX line from? (Apart from RX implying that its the line where the CC2500 gets its data, but not the one its sending stuff out).

So look at the SPI master extample projects in Creator to see how that component works. Having done that, ypu will need to look at the CC25000 documenation to find out how its used. (I found an overview here: http://www.engineersgarage.com/contribution/wireless-communication-24-ghz-rf-transceiver-cc2500 )

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The cc2500 I am using is an easy to use plug in device. I have attatched a file which I got with the module. It says this one is a easy to use modem and' requires no extra hardware and coding to turn wired communication into wireless one'. And Psoc is a receiving unit in my project. It receives the values from sensor nodes. Can I use this module and proceed? Or should I buy the cc2500 alone and spi interface with psoc?

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

If your CC2500 is configured to work as a UART bridge, then use it just as an UART. In that case look at the UART component, configure it to the data rate that you have configured your module to, and off you go.

When using the -001 kit, don't use the provided RS232 level shifter, but connect the module directly to the PSoC GPIO lines.

0 Likes