ble encryption error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to keep having an encryption error when trying to read/write values to the psoc4 ble cy8kit target. I am using psoc creator 3.1 sp1.

I get the same error when sending unmolested example applications to the app and try things like just read the battery status characteristic. 

I try cycling power on my target and replugging the cykit usb dongle but nothing seems ot solve the error.

I did remove the target from my white list and re-adding it.

At this point I am stumped as I am not able to read the battery status.

0 Likes
2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Did you look at the security setting of your projects? This message appears IIRC when the project says it needs encription but none gets set up.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to get the battery profile example to work on the find me example, following the instructions in the video.

When I try to use the BLE Battery Level Example project example included with psoc creator 3.1, that is where I keep getting encryption errors. 

*PROBLEM SOLVED*

I'm not sure how it is now fixed, but the link works now and the battery profile now works.  The errors stopped with the same example projects.

0 Likes