WHETHER FX3 cyusb3014 GPIF2 is designed to transfer video and audio together

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interfacing an Image Sensor to EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB video class (UVC) Framework  .

If we want to transfer video(yuv4:2:2) and audio(I2S) togethr,cyusb3014 GPIF2  can support input (i2s)or not.

in this example ,

Interfacing an Image Sensor to EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB video class (UVC) Framework  . the GPIF is configured to transfer video only.but some design  we are requested to transfer together data of video and audio.  how we to do ?  We do not want to use FPGA now.  appendix is my diagram schematics  of design

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I2S interface is available even if you are using GPIF II interface in 32-bit mode.

But the unfortunate thing is that FX3 has I2S transmitter only. It can transmit data out of FX3. It cannot take audio input data from the external device.

What is the sampling frequency that you are targeting in your application?

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I2S interface is available even if you are using GPIF II interface in 32-bit mode.

But the unfortunate thing is that FX3 has I2S transmitter only. It can transmit data out of FX3. It cannot take audio input data from the external device.

What is the sampling frequency that you are targeting in your application?

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

我们想用FX3同时接收视频和音频流(I2S)

We want FX3 to receive streaming of  video and audio together .我们想用FX3接收视频和音频流(I2S)。

目前例子中只有可以接收视频流的。例如USB video class (UVC) Framework。

Now  the example is only that receive streaming of  video.   sampling frequency that we are targeting in your application is 74.25mhz.,sampling frequency of  i2s  is 48khz.. help us ,how we to do?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes