CapSense Tuner with PSOC4014?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm currently designing a PCB to use CapSense with a 16-pin QFN PSOC 4000, the CY8C4014LQI-421.

For better tuning at a later point I want to make sure that I can use the Capsense Tuner which I tried out with the eval kit. Do I have to consider anything special to use the tuner afterwards?

For example: I will use the progKit3 to program and debug the PSOC. Will I be able to communicate with the CapSense tuner over the SWD-Interface by using the EZI2C-Module in the topdesign? Or do I have to connect to the SDA/SCL Pins of the PSOC and use them for the tuner?

THanks for any help in advance!

Kind regards,

Stevil

0 Likes
5 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Based on Capsense Guide for PSOC 4 looks like only I2C

supported.

www.cypress.com/

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana,

but in the latest Psoc Creator there is an example project "CapSense with Tuner" for the 4000-family which uses an EZI2C-module?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

EZI2C is just a varient of I2C, maybe I still do not understand

your question.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Stevil,

If you are using Tuner GUI, data transfer would be through I2C (in pioneer kit, USB-->I2C).

The EZI2C Slave is a unique implementation of an I2C  in that all communication between the master and slave is handled in the ISR (Interrupt Service Routine) and requires no interaction with the main program flow. The interface appears as shared memory between the master and slave. Once the EZI2C_Start() function is executed, there is little need to interact with the API.

Hence EZI2C slave component is used when tuner is enabled.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You will need an I2C to USB bridge to use the tuner. On Pioneer kit a bridge is already implemented using a PSoC5, a bridge is no longer availlable separately and using the MiniProg3 as bridge is recommended.

Bob

0 Likes