CY68013A Win8 fault

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ~

It is ok that CY68013A is connected to Win7/XP . When CY68013A is connected to Win8, Device Manager on win8 doesn't show up anything. But it showed up unknowd device when CY68013A ->USB Hub->PC.

Pls let me know how to solve the question. Thanks you~

Ted

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using FX2LP DVK or your own board?

Have you installed the FX2LP DVK in the win 8 or does it have drivers that are provided withCY3684 DVK contents?

When it is appearing as unknown device could you see the VID/PID of the device ?

Which host controller are you using?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for yout reply~

I use my own board in win8.

If my driver isn't installed will result in this status-  I don't see anything in Device Manager in win8 ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

by stating " I don't see anything in Device Manager in win8 " it means device is not detected by PC.

Open device manager and then connect the device.If the device manager is not refreshing at all then it means device is not detected by PC.It is hardware issue.not related to software.

if it come up as unknown device then it might be a driver/firmware issur.

if you haven't programmed the device and it is trying to enumerate with default things then it might be driver issue.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply~

My signal integrity of USB isn't good will result in mistake when CY7C68013A connects to win8 which is always strict with signal integrity of USB. USB2.0 Hub on win7 PC will reinforce signal integrity.  Southbridge chipset on win8 PC is directly connected to USB device ,which is not inforce signal of USB.  Is it reasonable conclusion?  

0 Likes