Project #33 in 100 projects in 100 days for BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Project 33 in 100 projects in 100 days BLE. I have this app working except the Micrium® µC/Probe application. The data is there in the dongle I can see it changing and have converted the data and I know it is correct.  When I run the Micrum uc/probe I get the display screen and no data.  The screen has small triangles with a ! mark inside them stating no data to display.  What am I missing here.  I think it must be how I am setting up the Micrium program  but do not know how to fix it.  I did notice that in the example in the PFD it shows running and the name of the device. I have stop and no device. Do you have any ideals? I would like to see the raw data but don't know how to do that in the ucProbe program.  I also do hot have a key for the program I was never given one by Micrium. I am running the eval program not a purchased one.

Thanks Bob lantrip

Screen name bobgoar

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

I contacted software vendor Micrium  and he gave me some pointers but it is still not working Do you guys have any answers about this issue? I am sending the log file the unit has made.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

This is project number 31 not 33 sorry about that.  I still heed help with it!!!

0 Likes
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

You will see a caution symbol (small yellow triangle with '!' mark) at the bottom right hand side of graphical elements (Angular Gauge, Charts, etc.) in µC/Probe when the symbol/variable mapping for the corresponding graphical elements is missing.

This happens if you open the µC/Probe workspace before building the example project, where the linked ELF file is not present (Note that the project’s ELF file generated only after building the project) or when the µC/Probe workspace is moved to a new directory location after downloading the example project.

In both cases, the µC/Probe shows a popup window to update the ELF file location. If the correct ELF file is not selected, the variable mapping for graphical elements is lost and shows the caution symbol (as mentioned above). In this case, re-open the µC/Probe workspace after building the example project or select the generated ELF file when the µC/Probe shows a popup window to update the ELF file location. Now run the µC/Probe and you will see the data on the screen.

Alternatively, you can load the generated ELF file from the Symbol Browser window in µC/Probe and drag-and-drop the global variables listed under 'I2CMaster.c' onto the corresponding graphical elements in the DataScreen window to see the data. Please refer to the µC/Probe User’s Manual for details.

Also make sure that the 'Debug Interfaces' option in µC/Probe Settings window is set to 'Cypress PSoC Prog' and the KitProg/<serial_number> is selected from the drop-down menu. This will enable the communication between µC/Probe and CY8CKIT-042-BLE.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

SRDS I have one question we are reading this information with the BLE  System Dongle module correct.  I have tried both of the serial numbers in the Probe program neighter one of them worked.  I have also tried reloading the .elf file from inside the Probe program and it shows all the data address but no data is displayed on the main chart screen. The probe screen does not show running in the lower left corner.

0 Likes
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Bob,

The µC/Probe reads the data from PSoC 4 BLE device via KitProg on the BLE Pioneer Baseboard, not the Dongle. Here the Dongle is responsible for BLE communication only. So, you need to select the KitProg/<serial_number> corresponding to your BLE Pioneer Baseboard.

Do you still see the caution symbol on graphical elements even after reloading the ELF file from the Symbol Browser window within µC/Probe? If yes, then probably you have not re-assigned the variable to the graphical elements, which is why the µC/Probe does not show 'Running' on the status bar. Close and re-launch the µC/Probe application, open the workspace file available in the example project and see if the issue is resolved. Now the µC/Probe should load the workspace and the corresponding ELF file automatically and should not show popup for updating the ELF file path.

Please share the screenshot if the issue is still present.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

It appears that the mapping for the elements in the chart  where corrupted between the example as posted and my computer.  I spoke with the software vendor and he showed me how to fix the issue. Attached is a picture of my screen.  For others that maybe having this issue.  Open the .ELF file in the Micrium from you Psoc design files and click on the down arrow in the search by data type box.  Find the Temperature message in the left col. find the temperature reading box and chart and vertical gauges and double click the name in the .elf file and the display items will be attached to the items . Do this for each item in the chart pressure and altitude items that should fix the issues.

0 Likes