PSoC 4 not receiving Write without Reponse

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm working with the PSoC 4 BLE dev board, and attempting to create custom data structures that control various components from the board (motors, servos, etc). I've attached my code. We're using a custom android app to send bluetooth data, and it's connecting correctly and Android Studio is saying that it's writing correctly. The dev board is registering as being connected, but it's never going into the write request case in the stack handler (CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_WRITE_REQ). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Maggie

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

When client tries to write to the characteristic by     

using "writewithoutresponse" then the event CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_WRITE_CMD_REQ will be triggered on the server side.

When client tries to write to the characteristic by     

using "writecharacteristic"  then the eventevent CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_WRITE_REQ will be triggered on the server side.

You are reffering to wrong event for "writewithoutresponse."

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@VAVC

Is there a (condensed) document I should have red to find that out? Despite being fairly used to BLE what are the documents to study having that information / dependencies at hand?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Information about the events is provided in the BLE component datasheet itself.

Regards,

VIkas

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

But the documentation about these two events in the DS is basically the same - there is no mentioning in there that WRITE_REQ expects a response but WRITE_CMD_REQ doesn't.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hli,

Refer the APIs CyBle_GattcWriteWithoutResponse() and CyBle_GattcWriteCharacteristicValue(). IN the description we mentioned about the events that would trigger on server side.Also we pointed the particualrt section of the spec where we would get more details. Adding too much of information may not be easy to read in datasheet.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes