CY8CKIT-042-BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to run through the Getting Started with PSoC® 4 BLE and trying to run through the Find Me demo.  Evidently I can't find anyone.  I am using the CySmart 1.0 in conjunction with the Dongle and it is not showing up as a valid target.  It does have a com port under device manager, but CySmart registers as an unsupported device.   Note that I ran an upgrade of the firmware on the dongle using the Programmer and this did not fix the issue.  I press reset on the dongle and issue a reset and get the same result.  Seeing the same behavior on the peripheral board, but not certain if this is intended for CySmart as it is not a dongle.   I see nothing registered for the peripheral board in either the supported or not supported category.

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using an smart phone with there app.

Also press reset swtich(SW RESET) as the module BLE likes to go to sleep. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

Try to follow Dana's advices in this thread to get your PRoC connected to CySmart.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.  That worked.  Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You are always welcome!

Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another engineer and I both had issues with the dongle that came in each of our kits as well.  I wrote up some instructions with screenshots that could help fix the issue, you can find them at https://www.eewiki.net/display/Wireless/Fixing+Connection+Issues+between+the+Cypress+CySmart+Softwar....

I hope the link helps, best of luck.

0 Likes