GAP Disconnect Event Reason Code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have a PSOC4 BLE acting as a GAP peripheral device. In my application, the peripheral device can initiate a disconnect from its peer as well as receive a disconnect from the peer device. I invoke the CyBle_GapDisconnect function to send the request. I receive a CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED event after issuing the disconnect request or when the peer device sends a disconnect. According to the BLE component datasheet, a pointer to a uint8 disconnect reason code is returned with the event. I cannot find in the documentation or in the BLE component header files where this reason code is defined. I am overlooking something? 

Thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
4 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

From the datasheet -

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dana,

Maybe I was not clear in  my explaination. What I cannot find in the datasheet or header files are the disconnect reason codes passed to the BLE event handler callback function with a CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED event. These codes are refered to on page 206 of the datasheet in the description of the event. 

Thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get the list of errors in the the section 1.3, Part D, vol 2 in BLE 4.1 spec. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Jason

0 Likes