Where is my component located in the UDB?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jofic_334026
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

1. How can I find out where PSoC Creator put my custom component in the UDB?

2. How do I use the "Directives" tab in the .cydwr file to force the placement?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. The component placement in the UDBs can be found in the report file. 

In the workspace explorer, click on 'Results' tab and open the file 'project_name.rpt'. You can find these details in the 'Final Placement Summary' section. 

2. Using the directive for component placement is explained in the 'PSoC Creator Help' document under the section - Directives Editor. Please refer this for usage.

-Senthilnathan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jofic_334026
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

OK. Thanks!  I can't seem to get it to work though. I've attached a screen shot of the report file generated after a successful build without using any directives.  The report file indicates the first component is "OverlayEngine:shift_reg_28\" and it's located at UDB=(0,0).  As an experiment I added a directive that I thought would place the same component in the same location but I get errors.  On the "Directives" tab I added:

Component name: \OverlayEngine:shift_reg_28\                                                                                                                       Directive Type: ForceComponentUDB                                                                                                                                 Directive Value: U(0,0)

I get this error: "Unable to parse placement_force attribute U(0,0) on signal "\OverlayEngine:shift_reg_28\" and apply to "UDB" component.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please attach your complete project.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

Hello,

Was this ever resolved, please?

Thank you,

Scott

0 Likes