Bypass digital BiSS signal trough PSoC5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hallo Community,

I currently trying to bypass a digtial signal trough the PSoC5. I attached an image to clearify the configuration.

The pins 2 and 4 transfer the clock signal of an external BiSS interface which is set to 2 MHz and Pin 3 and 6 shall transfer data. Pin 2 and 3 are connected to an external Biss-Interace and pin 4 and 6 are connected to a sensor.

But it does not work. I can not set up a connection. My question is: What may causes the problem? Could the internals of the PSoC destroy the signal or slow down the clock signal?

I checked if bypassing is possible with analog pins and it worked.

Best regards,

HeDo

0 Likes
8 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Your clock pin output mode is set to transparent ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

HeDo,

easiest for us to find errors is always to have a complete project to look at all of your settings. Can you provide us with a project archive? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Community,

here is the archive of my test project.

The data line is analog. Unfortunately, I cannot change the clock to analog due to circiut constraints. All tests failed and the project is so simple that I start wondering if my idea is possible at all.

Maybe you can help me. Thanks,

HeDo

0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I made some minor corrections regarding synchronization. I also changed the pins for IO and the debug interface.

Are you using a development kit like the CY8CKIT-050LP?

Keep in mind that your analog path resistance is ~750 Ohms. You can prove that by switching to analog view and using the ohm meter feature.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hallo,

I am using a self made high integrated board and I want to add this feature. So, I can not change the IO pins.

Best regards,

HeDo

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

I did not see an analog path on your schematic, but if you do

these might help -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=43337     AN61290 - PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP Hardware Design Considerations

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57571     AN72382 - Using PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP GPIO Pins

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=40247     AN58827 - PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP Internal Analog Routing Considerations

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Community,

I tested the digital output with a multimeter by changing one output pin every second and it worked

I tried a lot for enabling BiSS communication trough the PSoC, but nothing worked out. E.g. deactivating input buffer and set input pins from  CMOS to LVTTL. I think the PSoC slows down the signal, which especially concerns the bypassed clock signal.

Eventually, I think it is not possible to bypass a BiSS signal with 2 MHz clock trough the PSoC.

Thanks to all,

HeDo

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Using a scope look at timing between data and clk before bypassing, and after.

If you need more delay in data, clock is not producing enough setup time, then use

a buffer to create some delay in either clk or data to get back to original measurements.

Be aware that the optimizer will take out redundant gates, so either shut it off or use more

complex gates , like XOR, to get delay.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes