Having trouble getting emfile example working...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using the included emfile example project in order to interface with a micro SD card.  I am using a micro SD interface board.  I have set up the libraries and whatnot according to the provided instructions, connected the card board pins to the correct pins, etc. and I am having trouble getting the example project to work.  I have used both a 2GB microSD card, and an 8 GB microSDHC card.  In either case, the LCD just shows that it could not format the card, write the directory, write the files, etc.  Now, the 2GB card also is not readable on my PC, so I'm guessing that that is faulty.  However, the 8GB *did* work on my PC, and it was still giving me the same errors.  I probed the lines with a logic analyzer, and there seems to be activity on all the data lines.

Am I missing something?  Is there anything else I need to do to get this set up?  Does it perhaps not support SDHC cards?  

--Steve

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I have worked with a PSOC 4 design that only supports addressing to 2 GB,

its here, and it works -

http://www.element14.com/community/thread/25517/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project050-sd-card-ex...

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried the emFile example program and am getting the same problem as you have described.  I have a 8 GB microSD also.  I am using an adafruit breakout board, which along with the SD card has been tested and works with an Arduino.  The activity light blinks so there is some communication going on, but everything fails like you have described.  Another score for freeware and simplicity.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

Have you formatted the card using SD Formatter software?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes