First of all, I think the CY8CKIT-049-42xx PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit is amazing and the documentation and videos are fantastic. I am sold on this processor and look forward to many new designs with PSoC4 chips.
I have both the BLE Pioneer kit and the CY8CKIT-049-42xx PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit. My problem is with the latter:
CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit 1.0 Rev.*B
CY8CKIT-049-42xx PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit 1.0 Rev.*A
I have a Windows 8.1 Pro system and the version 3.1 SP3 of the Creator software.
I was able to program the CY8CKIT-049-42xx PSoC 4 via a USB cable or by plugging it into a USB port in the front of my computer. After about 6-8 times, however, I started to get the ""Unable to read data from target device" error message while pushing new code in to the kit.
I am detailing all of the steps that I have taken to try and remedy this problem and to date, I cannot get around the issue. I am going to just work with the BLE pioneer kit for now, but it is a shame as I like the smaller kit for quick prototyping.
1. First of all. I thought it was a dirty or unconductive cable so I switched to several known good cables and several known good USB ports on the computer with the same results.
2. I completely removed the USB driver using USBDeview. I then installed the latest "Microsoft Signed Drivers" from the Cypress web site.
3. I then plugged the Kit back in and saw that Windows installed it as Com Port 6 - see screenshots.
4. There are no errors and yellow triangles on the USB driver in the Control Panel
5. When I try to use the USB Host program, I continue to get the "Unable to read data" error message.
6. I opened a brand new kit, as I ordered several and I get the same message.
7. At this point, I think it is a driver issue, but not sure what else to do as I have uninstalled and reinstalled (with clean reboots in between) and nothing seems to make Windows happy.
Attached is a PDF with various screenshots.
Any ideas of other things I can try?
USB Problem.pdf 960.3 K