How to send data from the PSOC BLE module to the Cysmart App

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to send the ADC data that i have obatined from the SAR ADC. This value is to be sent to the cysmat app. What do i need to do to get the following procedure done.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please find the attached project. It acts as a server/peripheral.Program your PSOC4 BLE pioneer kit with this project.Use UART terminal to see the firmware flow.

After programming RED LED turns on and the device starts to advertise.In Cysmart PC tool /mobile app start scanning and you can see the device with name "ADC_BLE_Example". Connect to the device.After connection GREEN LED turns ON.

After enabling the notifications by writing "0x01" to the Client characteristic configuration descriptor of custom characteristic from CySmart PC tool or by enabling notifications from Cysmart mobile app you can get the ADC O/P in your client for every 1 second. Connect some voltage<3.3V to the pin P3[0](Don't leave it floating).

If you have any other queries please let me know.

Regards,

Vikas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is probably no "best" way to do that, but there are several different ways with different behaveour.

I would suggest you to go through all the project examples in this blog and see how and what is sent/received between the BLE devices. There is always a .pdf documentation that you can read first to see if the projec fits to your interests.

Does "LP" in your previous post stand for "Low Power"?

if so, there is an application note concerning low power only.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please find the attached project. It acts as a server/peripheral.Program your PSOC4 BLE pioneer kit with this project.Use UART terminal to see the firmware flow.

After programming RED LED turns on and the device starts to advertise.In Cysmart PC tool /mobile app start scanning and you can see the device with name "ADC_BLE_Example". Connect to the device.After connection GREEN LED turns ON.

After enabling the notifications by writing "0x01" to the Client characteristic configuration descriptor of custom characteristic from CySmart PC tool or by enabling notifications from Cysmart mobile app you can get the ADC O/P in your client for every 1 second. Connect some voltage<3.3V to the pin P3[0](Don't leave it floating).

If you have any other queries please let me know.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello VAVC,

According to your example, it just shows the connection status. Is there anything where i can send the data received in UART and be displayed on Client side (CYSMART APP).

Am presently working on the sensor which measures the distance and sends the data to the putty terminal via serial communication(UART). The received data should also be displayed on the smart phones using CySmart app. Kindly help on the same!

I have attached a image, so you will have an idea what type of data am receiving on the putty terminal.

Thank you,

Sunil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said enable notifications, so in PSoc creator what if i enable the notifications using the descriptor part in the profiles section will it work. And could you elaborate on how we can enable notifications in the App?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it necessary to use watchdog timer here. Can we use the normal timer service .If yes , ca you elaborate on how that can be done .

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have an application in which i want to send the data from psoc 4 ble to the cysmart app i have written the code in which the data is printed on the tera term(day 20 ble -uart example-100 projects in 100 days) i am not able to establish a ble connection between the client and server

i have enclosed the code also

please do help me on it i am stuck

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VAVC thanks for your example but the version for the BLE is an old one and I can't programm the Psoc, could you please send me a new one ?

I'm currently working on a project and I completly stuck with the send of data, thank's for your answers 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Giulio!

Open the project in Creator (latest v3.3 CP3) select Project -> Update Components and follow the program.

When finished, build the project.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to send an analog signal with the BLE component, I looked the exemples but I don't know how to do it.

Can you help me please?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Jeremy.

The world is digital now, so "sending an analog signal" will not work as such. You will need to

• Digitize the signal (with a resolution of 8 bits) using an ADC
  •     
  • Send the result via BLE
  •     
  • Convert the sent item back to analog using a VDAC or an IDAC
  •    

All the required components you will find within a PSoC 4 BLE chip (and some more)

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob ! But specifically, my problem is on the sending results section. I don't understand how to send my values whereas I configure my BLE component like Find Me or Battery Level examples. I also follow the How to configure BLE custom profiles. But it does not work. Moreover I try to send a string and displayed it on Teraterm,and again I failed. I had always the same error ( can't open COM).

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

OK: I am not quite fit in using BLE, but before someone else jumps in give us some more information:

• Which kit do you use (starting with CY8CKIT...)
  •     
  • Version of Creator (3.3 CP3?)
  •     
  • Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
    Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
    and attach the resulting file.
  •    

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am Anthony and now I am doing a bluetooth controlled padlock using mobile app and I use PSoC4BLE module, CYBLE-224110-00. In this project, we have low-power-mode feature and the lock will sleep after it's unlocked or locked. So I use deep-sleep mode I want to stop the ble before entering into the sleep mode so I want to disconnect the connection with the phone before stopping the ble. What should I need to do? Thanks.

0 Likes