Using IDAC and CapSense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, guys, I'm trying to project a VDAC and change the voltage across a pin using the capsense. It's a easy job to implement this using psoc 5 but the psoc 4 doesn't have the vdac, so, I can use the IDAC and a external resistor to make the VDAC using the psoc 4. But unfortunately the psoc 4 don't allow me to use IDAC and capsense in the same design. Someone knows if the Capsense have a internal IDAC and if I can project this "VDAC" variable with the capsense ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

From the TRM -

The IDAC feeding an R = VDAC, but with high output Z. Use a buffer to get

a VDAC or better V source.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying, Dana !

But I want to use the CapSense to vary the voltage and apparently I can't use the Capsense and the IDAC in the same design.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the Smart Sense is enabled, then both 8 bit IDAC and 7 bit IDAC is used. One method could be to use Manual Capsense Tuning and then Disable the Compensation IDAC. This can be done in the Capsense compoennt. Now you can place a 7 bit IDAC in the design and it would build.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I have to manually tune the Capsense? Or I can configure the CapSense using another method?

Thanks for Replying !

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you need to do maula capsense tuning.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typo, *manual*

0 Likes