Fudging Creator to work with other M3 chips

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love creator.

working on other M3 chips I would rather not switch to their (sometimes expensive) development tools.

has anybody worked with fudging/fooling creator to work with a different chip? i would, in essence be throwing away any results of the CYDWR object but could still use the design schematic to implement software API only (no hardware components). custom API only components could then provide easy to drag on drivers for the hardware specific I/O using the parameteriztion tools for components.

main trick, i believe, is to modify the CyBoot component that is included automagically in every product behind the scenes. it includes the arm required files, the cypress required files, etc.

anyway, i'm going to give it a whack in a clean-room virtual machine with Creator 3.2 to see if i can get it to at least compile and link a simple 'hello world' LED blinker on my Spansion FM3.

this would be a GREAT thing for Cypress/Spansion to consider ....

-Ed

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ed, thanks for your post. Yes, indeed we have an internal demonstrator that allows to program a blinky project on Creator for FM0 and we are using that for our planning process to productize it. If you get stuck in your exploration project, please let us know. Heinz VP Software, Creator   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heinz -

i had to table that project for a while working on the other 100 things on my development list.

getting ready to restart. i was down to linker scripts before. have you folks made any progress that i can lift stuff from.

if not, i will advise when i have it working.

-Ed

0 Likes