PP_MMIO_*

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In the TRM, it mentions that one can access the FX3 internal MMIO space by use of three registers, PP_MMIO_ADDR, PP_MMIO_DATA, and PP_MMIO (which is a control register).  However, I cannot create the behavior that is outlined in the TRM.  Here's my code:

... #include "pib_regs.h" ...     for (curAddr = firstAddr; curAddr < lastAddr; curAddr += 4)     {         PIB->pp_mmio_addr = curAddr;         while ((PIB->pp_mmio & CY_U3P_PIB_MMIO_BUSY) > 0);         PIB->pp_mmio |= CY_U3P_PIB_MMIO_RD;         while ((PIB->pp_mmio & CY_U3P_PIB_MMIO_BUSY) > 0);         buffer = PIB->pp_mmio_data;         i += 4;     } ... 

If I place debug prints into the code, I see that all of the MMIO registers are always 0 (address, control, and data).  If I query PIB->config, I can see that the PP_MMIO protocol is enabled.  Does anybody know how this is supposed to work and why my code above does not perform as expected?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The Did you monitor the 30th bit of PIB->gpif_config? This is where you monitor whether PP mode is enabled or not. You have mentioned in your post that you looked at PIB->config.

Please confirm.

Regards,

-Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

I'm facing the same problem and would like a fix for this. Although I am able to program the PP_MMIO_ADDR register, but whenever I want to do I R/W, I'm unable to change the PP_MMIO register to actually perform the R/W.  I always read 0.

My register value for PIB_CONFIG is 0xC8000000.

My register value for GPIF_CONFIG is 0xC0000A12.

Please note that I'm trying to access the MMIO space from an external processor via the p-port. Is there a special way to do this ?

Regards,

Bilal

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I had not been checking the value of that register, but I changed its value to one and I still see the same behavior.

Thanks,

Jake

0 Likes