new @ creator, seek guidance

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Greetings for the day.

I am just starting to understand the PSoC Creator, for that I had it downloaded from the Cypress's site & now it's showing me this message as in screenshot.

Guide me with it.

Also I tried to configure the Matrix kepad with it but as it just showed Capsense_CSD block, I was unable to get the designing or visual interface as I used to get with the PSoC 1 in PSoC designer 5.4.

Where can I see that matrix pattern configured & where can I define the specific pins for the each row/column?

In an overall I want to have basic idea about configuring the components, having them visualized, & help on how to check  or interface them with Pioneer kit? As in PSoC 1 i had a ref board for checkong BTNs & Sliders, but here i wish to configure a Matrix Keypad how should I proceed? Please give me guidelines to work with PSoC Creator & PSoC 4 (CY8CKIT042 Pioneer kit).

Please mind I'm switching from PSoC 1 to PSoC 4, directly.

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Click on the button "Get license online", and fill out the form. You will receive an email containing the license code.

As for the CapSense: search in CapSense datasheet for "matrix"

Put a Capsense component onto your sheet and start to configure it.

Under the Widgets-tab you'll find matrix buttons which you need to "add"

Configurer number of rows and columns (default was 5) for your buttons

and so on, as the datasheet tells.

Have you already got a pcb with your buttons? If no, you could try using conductive ink on overhead foil.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

1) I have got the Capsense_CSD module in the Creator & was able to configure it for the matrix formation of buttons. My real trouble is, how to analyse the configuration done in creator on-board? Where to find the 2nd board which will have matrix buttons on it?

Do you mean to say, I need the matrix buttons board designed + PCB ready before working for it with the PSoC 4 & Creator?

Doesn't their come any ready module, pilot to test like it was with the PSoC 1? If Yes, where to find them?

If it doesn't, are there some ref. designs for me to try with std. configurations like 4x4 or 3x4 etc?

2) I'm going through the Creator 101 video series to understand it, please help me get it quick; anything simplified.

3) As for the PSoC 4 I have plans to buy a CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 PIONEER KIT,

with that I was suggested to have MiniProg3  for the programming various devices (as an universal programmer). Do I need to have it? Yes, I have plans to switch the controller used. Please Guide.

Waiting...

Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

1) I have got the Capsense_CSD module in the Creator & was able to configure it for the matrix formation of buttons. My real trouble is, how to analyse the configuration done in creator on-board? Where to find the 2nd board which will have matrix buttons on it?

Do you mean to say, I need the matrix buttons board designed + PCB ready before working for it with the PSoC 4 & Creator?

Doesn't their come any ready module, pilot to test like it was with the PSoC 1? If Yes, where to find them?

If it doesn't, are there some ref. designs for me to try with std. configurations like 4x4 or 3x4 etc?

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=100752     CY8CKIT-024 CapSense Proximity Shield

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=78578     AN85951 - PSoC® 4 CapSense® Design Guide   Page 32 / 33 for kits

http://www.mouser.com/new/terasic-technologies/terasic-cypCapSense/

2) I'm going through the Creator 101 video series to understand it, please help me get it quick; anything simplified.

Thats the best approach is the video series. Also contact local FAE, they can do quick

demos in your facility.

3) As for the PSoC 4 I have plans to buy a CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 PIONEER KIT,

with that I was suggested to have MiniProg3  for the programming various devices (as an universal programmer). Do I need to have it?

The Pioneer board has a PSOC 5LP and a PSOC 4 on it. The former is used to implement

debugging and programming of the PSOC 4. So you do not need a Miniprog3 to work with

this kit.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dana,

What if I plan to use the controller from PSoC 4100 family (e.g. CY8C4125AXI-483), will I be able to debug and program that device with 042 pioneer kit?

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

The -042 pioneer kit is a psoc 42xx part. If you want true 41xx part

proto the following -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=92146     PSOC-049

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/100/CY8CKIT-049-4xxx_PSoC4_Prototyping_Kit_Guide_001-9-321160.pdf

You will need a Miniprog3 to do debug with this kit.

You could use a pioneer board to write / debug, then change the part number in project

to a 41xx, paying attention to the differences between the two families. Then program

using bootloader approach or Miniprog3. A little more involved, tricky. Keep in mind the

chip resources different between the two parts, look at datasheet side by side for the

two families.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana,

Just one thing :-

Is it like that

with MiniProg3 I will be able to program & debug any of the PSoC controller (like a universal programmer)?

If it is so I can go for having it.

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Minprog 3 can handle PSOC 3, 4, 4 BLE, 4M, 5LP.

Not PSOC 1.

User guide - www.cypress.com/

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dana,

I think I will have it as I'm going to be mostly fot the PSoC 4.

Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Glad I could help.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes