Quadcopter Using PSoC4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting as a new thread from a previous question/discussion on Gyro/Accelerometer. My son & I are building a quadcopter as a Summer project (hopfeully, 2015!). Using the file from Bob Marlowe (below).  Before we get too deep was wondering if the project file below worked "as is" or needed revision. In looking at the code, there is a call to "Mixer(); " which is empty in this version - Bob if you're available any comments on this would be very helpful as it's probably over my head to write the mixing code between the IMU data and transmitter inputs/controls.

Also, my understanding is that the SUM PPM signal wire from the receiver and the signal wires from each of fhe 4 ESCs plug into the PSoC4?

Thanks

D.K.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

There is this project as well -

www.element14.com/community/community/design-challenges/smarter-life/blog/2013/10/28/psoc-4-tricopte...

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

D.K.

This program was all what I was allowed to post in public from a customer's project.

The Mixer() function has to be programmed and has much to do with the geometry of your copter.

In the mixer the 4 signals from the sum-signal (roll,pitch, jaw and speed) get merged with the signals from the positioning system and 4 separate servo signals have to be generated. A simple closed-loop  could help stabilizing a copter.

I published the project is just to show that it will be possible to control a copter (even an oktocopter) by a single PSoC4 board.

So you will have to program some algorithms yourself.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob - Thanks for the info. and Dana - Thanks for the link. Maybe this other project will give me some ideas for a solution.

0 Likes