Application notes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

All,

I could not figure out where to post this so moderators please accept my apologies and move this accordingly.

AS part of my final evaluations, I wanted to put together a simple program that can measure low voltage AC sinewave of no higher than 2vp/p and a frequency of 50khz.  This is for an LVDT in the end.

Now I started going through the notes and such but found that using Google is a far more efficient way to search this site.  I found two articles but not much to go with.  I looked in the Example projects but did not see anything there either.

IS there a way to get a catalog of the app notes Cypress has available on the site?  It would help because navigating the site is painfull because the site is so slow responding....Whats up with that BTW?

So three questions:

1) Is there an app note table of contents?

2) Any suggestions on how to measure the signal I described above

3) WHY is the site so slow in response?

Regards,

Jim

0 Likes
7 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

1. All Application notes can be found on Cypress website

Support & Community -> Documentation -> Application notes

2. There are several ways to measure amplitude of the Sin wave with PSoC.

AN62582 - AM Modulation and Demodulation - is one example.

AN60580 - SIO Tips and Tricks in PSoC® 3 / PSoC 5LP - another option (see Tip 5 - half wave rectifier, and Tip 6 - peak detector).

Using Modulator Input of DelSig ADC, with frequency locked to the input Sin wave.

odissey1

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Entering "appnote finder" into the "Keyword Search" field shows at least this result.

I've got a slow internet connection (2Mbit/s), but it takes (at this time) not very long(2-3s)  to get a result.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

What characteristic of sine are you trying to measure ?

Peak, RMS, Average, Freq, Period, Phase.....?

Describe your measurement a little more.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

@jgmDESIGN.

You asked same question in July 2012 (RMS to DC conversion). Didn't you made any progress since that?

odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The specifications had changed several times, and then so did priorities so the project ended up being shelved for quite some time.  It wan't till recently that some life had beeen put back into the thing, so in all honesty there has not been any progrees worth merit.

If you had read my reply to Bob in another thread you would see why I have asked that question again.  Good memory by the way 🙂

As far as the requirement for this I am looking to measure a 1v p/p sine wave ay 50khz.  It can be either the p/p value, or RMS value.  That's essentially it.  I had been using an external RMS to DC converter by Linear Tech, but I would prefer to lower the component count as much as possible.

JIm

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Peak detector -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=41001     AN60321 - Peak Detection with PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP

Or use SAR, oversample, and detect peak in code or calc RMS.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dana,

I will look this over and report back

Jim

0 Likes