Differences between EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit and EZ-USB® FX3™ Development Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I was wondering about differences between EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit
and EZ-USB® FX3™ Development Kit. I realize that in SuperSpeed Explorer Kit maximum transfer rate is not so big as in the Development Kit, but are there any others limitations? Can I use all of source codes from SDK firmware? Is the ARM9 core fully accessible?
Regards,
Milosz

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There will not be any difference in throughput between the kits. The throughput solely depends on the firmware being loaded into the kits.

May be the firmware loaded in the superspeed explorer kit needs to be changed.

The other hardware differences are:

(i) FX3 DVK can be used to test USb 2.0 host mode unlike Superspeed kit

(ii) Fx3 DVK has facilities to test SPI Boot unlike the Superspeed kit

(iii) Superspeed kit has its own USB UART Bridge / USB JTAG Bridge

(iv) Superspeed kit has Type B, FX3 DVK has micro B connector

v) FX3 DVK's VIO power domains can be changed based on Jumper Settings (1.8, 2.5, 3.3V). In Superspeed kit it is fixed to 3.3V

vi) Superspeed kit has a SRAM with it

vii) FX3 DVK supports both Bus power and self power. Superspeed kit supports only bus power.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what is the advantage of using the development kit ?

I just want to transfer data from an adc to my pc.

which kit do recommend to buy ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Hi Wolfgang, welcome in the forum.

Easiest will be to get hands on a CY8CKIT-044 with a PSoC4-M on board. There is an easy solution to transfer data from the board via USB to a PC, no additional parts required.

The PSoC4 has got an ADC on chip, so that you may save some additional hardware connections.

When in need for more MIPS or higher ADC resolution you might use a PSoC5 development kit or prototyping board.

Bob

PS: Where are you located? I live near Bremen.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

thanks for the fast reply.

Well for my application I want to sample a signal with 100 Ms/s with a 16Bit ADC.

It requires USB 3.0 to transfer this amount of data to my pc.

I'm from Munich by the way

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Sorry, no way to do that with a PSoC..

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know.

that's why I want to use the FX3. I already have the ADC but I want to use the FX3 to transfer the data. Should I get the development kit or the explorer kit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,I have the same question with you .Do you solve your problem?

Alex

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I have the same question as Wolfgang has , can I use EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit for transfer data from adc to pc ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,I have the same question with you .Do you solve your problem?

Alex

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I have a question about EZ USB FX3 .Now I have a 10 Ms/s,12 Bit ADC,which has four channels,and the data is 13 bit,including 1 bit clock.Now I want to use the Fx3 to transfer the data to PC via the usb3.0 by time division multiple access.   So,I want to know how to connect the FX3 board with my ADC? Or I can take a photo with my connection. I wonder if  you can help me  check with it. Thank you !

regards,

Alex

0 Likes