SN8200 EVK+: WiFi-Connection break down in SoftAP-Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have some problems with the WiFi-Modul SN8200 and Wiced-SDK.

When using the SN8200 as Soft-AP after some minutes the data throughput collapse and the connection breaks down.

Our test set-up is the following: SN8200 is in Soft-AP-Mode, PC_1, PC_2 and PC_3 are WiFi-Clients. PC_1 open a HTTP-Server. PC_2 and PC_3 try to download a file from PC_1 at the same time. But the WiFi-connection break down after some minutes and the clients are disconnected. Only by rebooting the SN8200-Modul the connections can be reestablished.

We use the Wiced-SDK (Version  2.4.1. including the murata patch) with the example-code (Snip/AP_Clients_RSSI) and adapted code with the same behavior.

When we got the SN8200 EVK+ and did not change the software we were able to complete our test successfully. After downloading software using the Wiced-IDE we still have this issue.

It looks like a SW-bug. Using the "AP_clients_rssi"-demo the ARM-Controller is still alive and print the error "Can't get the list of Clients" to UART and no connection to the AccessPoint is possible.

Has anyboy an idea what this could be?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer part of your question:

The SN8200 EVK+ comes loaded with firmware from Murata (SNIC is the name I think).  This is proprietary code from Murata, and as such, any code you download using the WICED-IDE will not be the same code.  This likely explains why you were able to complete your test out of the box, but not with firmware downloaded using the SDK.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

I think using the Wiced-SDK we should also be able to complete the test. I striped the code to mandatory instructions to have it as simple as possible, but we have the same behavior.

It is not necessary to have the full 65MBit/s. But it is essential to have stabile connections between all clients. The SNIC-Code by murata show that the hardware is alright and it must be a software bug, but I have no idea where to look for this bug.

Our current Code:

#include "wiced.h"

#include "http_server.h"

#include "resources.h"

#include "dns_redirect.h"

static const wiced_ip_setting_t ap_ip_settings =

{   INITIALISER_IPV4_ADDRESS( .ip_address, MAKE_IPV4_ADDRESS( 192,168,  0,  1 ) ),

INITIALISER_IPV4_ADDRESS( .netmask,    MAKE_IPV4_ADDRESS( 255,255,255,  0 ) ),

NITIALISER_IPV4_ADDRESS( .gateway,    MAKE_IPV4_ADDRESS( 192,168,  0,  1 ) ),

};

void application_start(void)

{   

wiced_init();  /* Initialise Wiced system */   

wiced_network_up(WICED_AP_INTERFACE, WICED_USE_STATIC_IP, &ap_ip_settings); /* Bring up softAP  */

while (1)

{

wiced_rtos_delay_milliseconds(1000);

}

}

0 Likes

How many clients are you trying?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The muRata is WLAN-AccessPoint and 3 Clients (ThinkPad-Laptop) are connected.

We will try to duplicate shortly.

0 Likes