Creator 3.1 to 3.2 boot loadable issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I have a project compiled using Creator 3.1

The project was made bootloadable type and had bootloadable component on scematic.

Then I updated to version 3.2 Creator.

To debug the project, I removed the bootloadable component and wen to make project "Normal" type but option to change this was not available in 3.2.

Now I cannot debug the project because it keeps treating it as bootloadable.

To fix it, I created a new project in 3.2, recreated the scematic and then copied all my source files across. Now I can debug.

What should be the process involving bootloadable when updating from 3.1 to 3.2? Should it be set up as a "normal" project type BEFORE updating to 3.2 to avoid this ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

In the new PSoC Creator the project type will be selected based on the presence of component. So if the Bootloadable is not there it will be a Normal project. Can you please let us know the error occured when you tried to debug the migrated project after deleting the Bootloadable component.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

In the new PSoC Creator the project type will be selected based on the presence of component. So if the Bootloadable is not there it will be a Normal project. Can you please let us know the error occured when you tried to debug the migrated project after deleting the Bootloadable component.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hima,

I updated the project to 3.2 first.

Then I removed the bootloadable component

When I attempted to debug, the debugger was no longer available and get same SWD notification as when attemtoing to debug when bootloadable component is still placed. It is as though the project still "thinks" it is botloadable.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kindly attach the project so that we can check at our end and try to find the root cause of the issue.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

If you do not want project out in public domain create a CASE -

To create a technical or issue case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes