OTA Firmware Upgrades and Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two quarries :-

1. I have found on http://www.cypress.com/procble/  that "Support for Over-the-Air (OTA) Firmware Upgrades", I didn't find any doc / app-note regarding implementation of this (Or example project). Can someone help me.

2. Does PRoC support bootloder? if yes : App-note "AN73854" and " AN68272" gives bootloader procedure for PSoC,  will this also applicable for PRoC?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look at this example project for OTA.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

It seems that “Cypress BLE Dongle” is mendatory. Can this be done by Cypress BLE app on smartphone?

What I mean is that if remote ble needed to be upgrade then I have to place "BLE Dongle" near.

I am thinking that Cypress BLE should take *.cyacd file and update PRoC. Is it possible?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The file to transfer will be the .hex-file and the .ELF for linking information. A protocol is needed to maintain that.

All that is contained in the bootloader and bootloadable component. When you like to update directly from an alien BLE-device you will have to provide the Bootloader Host program yourself that communicates to the BootLoader component.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This discussion might help -

www.cypress.com/

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I have a PSoC5LP and a GSM communication in a board, wich is the best option to make OTA by the GSM network?, can the PSoC5 with a dual_image bootloader store the .hex file in a external memory and make the bootloader for itself or need always a external uC like host bootloader to make it?

0 Likes