FX3 superspeed kit - SPARTAN 6 SP601 - FIFO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using the superspeed FX3 kit together with the SP601 from xilinx. i have conneted them as shown in AN65974 and I am using the provide STREAM_IN firmware and the VHDL code.

I am trying to set up this data flow:

FPGA (number generator) -> sync FIFO (in the FPGA) ->FX3 superspeed (STREAM_IN) -> PC (streamer application) 

So I modified part of the provided VHDL code introducing my number generator and my FIFO memory.

I would like the FX3 to read my FIFO by controlling the read_enable only when these conditions are met:

(PROG_EMPTY or EMPTY )= '0' 

I know that when both FLAG_A and FLAG_B from the FX3 are HIGH the state machine (implemented in VHDL) goes in  write mode and DATA can be written in the FX3 buffer. SLWR goes low then FLAG_B goes low too --> write_delay mode.

Can somebody help?

Thank you in advance

Alessandro

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can make the SLWR signal from your FPGA such that (PROG_EMPTY or EMPTY )= '0' -> SLWR = 0 (asserted).

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

Thank you for replying. I attached my code below. The part that I modified is the STREAM_IN.

I have included the code you told me ;

if ((PROG_EMPTY or EMPTY) = '0') then

read_enable <= not(slwr_streamIN);

slwr_streamIN <= '0';

elsif EMPTY = '1' then 

read_enable <= not(slwr_streamIN);

slwr_streamIN <= '1';

end if;

But it still does not work. Can you take a look at my VHDL? Because I really can't find my mistake.

Thanks

Alessandro

0 Likes