PSoC 4 BLE Kit Packages

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I download PSoC 4 BLE Kit Package?

I have already purchased and received the hardware.

I have already installed Creator 3.2.

The start page says "No Kit Packages Installed"

Kits

This link provides a hierarchical list of the installed kits, along with their associated sample projects. You can obtain kits from the Cypress web site.

The top level shows the name of the kits. Click on one of them to view the documentation for that kit.
Under each kit, you will see sample projects. Click on one of them to create a copy of the example and open it in PSoC Creator. You will be asked where to save the project.

Note If you install any kits while PSoC Creator is running, click the Refresh icon to view those kits. The list will expand to show you what kits are installed.

The link above leads nowhere useful to for kit download!

Why is this so difficult?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received

Sorry to hear you're having issues.  I think you need "CY8CKIT-042-BLE KIT ONLY PACKAGE (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) " which can be found in the files on the BLE Kit page.

I hope that helps,

Robyn

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received

Sorry to hear you're having issues.  I think you need "CY8CKIT-042-BLE KIT ONLY PACKAGE (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) " which can be found in the files on the BLE Kit page.

I hope that helps,

Robyn

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried that.  It leads to a Creator 3.2 installer. I already have Creator installed.  There must be some way to get the examples, as the blurb in Creator about Kits implies.  "This link provides a hierarchical list of the installed kits, along with their associated sample projects. You can obtain kits from the Cypress web site."

See document CY8CKIT-0420BLE - KitGuide_001-93731_0E_V.pdf -- page 37.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The design files minus Creator here -

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-042-ble-bluetooth-low-energy-ble...

Regards, Dana.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, got it.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you own a kit you will find a link to the appropriate download area for the kit. from there you can install all the needed files directly, including schematics and gerber files. Which kit are you interested in or have you got?

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

He has the CY8CKIT-042-BLE per post.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

It will not install PSOC Creator again it will skip that step if it is installed.  I select the complete package every time I install new kit software.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, 

I am now working on a PSoC 4 BLE used project. And we use PSoC 4200 BLE Family, CYBLE-224110-00 MCU.

The problem is I can't find that MCU in Project Device Selector and I've already installed PSoC 4 BLE Kit Packages in my PSoC Creator.How can I add that particular device? Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Update Creator to latest version which is 3.3 CP3 currently. Use your Cypress Update Manager to do that.

Do not forget for older projects to update the components as well (Creator -> Project -> Update components)

Bob

0 Likes