Unknown type name uint8

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am trying out the Day026_HRM_DataLogger project, PSoC Creator shows Build Succeeded, but when I look at header file fram_logging.h, I see 3 errors about unknown type name uint8. But, it desn't show any errors in the Notice List. And it doesn't show in the fram_logging.c file. Has anyone seen this problem? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
user_1106811
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi, 

add #include <project.h> and your problem is resolved.

Greetings

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
user_1106811
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi, 

add #include <project.h> and your problem is resolved.

Greetings

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Alexander.

I know this is a classic type define problem in C. What I don't understand is why the compiler didn't throw out error message, and why the example project would have this kind of bug in it. 

BTW, I did try to add the line #include <project.h> in the fram_logging.h, and then Creator 3.2 got stuck at linking stage. And then it threw out unknown error message while I tried to terminate it.

I hope Cypress would take a close look of these example projects before they post them, at least keep the format consistent, i.e. what goes into header files and what goes into .c files. I am guessing this project was a migration from some other example project. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happens in the BLE_ Proximity example project in lls.h and tps.h for the function prototype and both external dat references. Yet, common.h #includes them!

It does build with no errors except for the error indications in the open lls.h and tps.h files.

0 Likes