Reading data from an ADC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a 16-Bit ADC that samples a signal with 100 MHz. It has a parallel output, CMOS 2,5 V. I want to store the data on my pc using the fx3 explorer kit. Are there any example projects, I can refer to ? I'm not a programmer, so I'm thankful for any help.

Regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Please refer the example project at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxgpiftousb.

​This project for beginners is for reading continuous data from the GPIF Interface.The state machine is also attached with this project. Open the state machine "continuous_read.cydsn" using the GPIF II Designer tool and Change the clock settings from 'Internal' to 'external' (I assume that you ADC is going to provide the clock along with the data). Build the state machine project and you will obtain the cyfxgpif2config.h file. Replace this file with the old file already present in the project. Import the project in Eclipse IDE and build it.

Now you can connect the ADC to the kit and read the data through Control Center or Cypress Streamer Application

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dear Madhu Sudhan,I am now accross from the same question , I read your reply and find the file, however, now my ADC is 12 bit data,and the FX3 can only configure 8/16/32 ,so I wonder if you have some suggestions.

thank you ,I am new to FX3.

regards,

ALex

0 Likes