3.3 V output from 5LP kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi all,

Sorry for the silly question, but is there anyway to get 3.3 volts out of the Vdd pins of the 5LP prototyping kit, or it is just possible on the Pioneer one?

I'm trying to make a interface to an I2C temp IC (PCT2075 of NXP) and i would like to fed it with the 3.3 volts.

Also a kind of advice about the library im making up, this is the first one i ever did haha. I don't know how to put code snippets here so find the files attached, i haven't finish the Doxygen documentation so ignore the comments, but the functions i tried are finished, if you have time take a look and i would like to have some feedback. Didn't use the I2C buffers because i want to make a easy to adjust to other uC like Kinetis or LPC, i don't know if those uC have one. (also i don't understand it very well yet.)

Will attach a example project when i finish the adapter pcb for the sensor.

Thanks in advance

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

In general yes you can run the PSOC at 3.3 V (all I/O will be 3.3), or you

can power specific ports at their own I/O level.

Didn't use the I2C buffers because i want to make a easy to adjust to other uC like

Kinetis or LPC, i don't know if those uC have one.

Yes, they in general have across their families I2C capability.

Regards, Dana.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

In general yes you can run the PSOC at 3.3 V (all I/O will be 3.3), or you

can power specific ports at their own I/O level.

Didn't use the I2C buffers because i want to make a easy to adjust to other uC like

Kinetis or LPC, i don't know if those uC have one.

Yes, they in general have across their families I2C capability.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi Dana,

as always all the info are in the datasheets, in this case on the kit guide:

4.2.3 Power Supply System
The power supply system on this board is dependent on the source of the power. For most applications, you can use the 5 V supply from the USB connection to power the system. You can also connect an external power supply to the board for low-voltage applications. The kit supports the following connections:
■ 5 V from the KitProg USB
■ 5 V from the PSoC 5LP Target USB (this will not power the KitProg section of the board)
■ 3.3V to 5.5V from a regulated supply connected to VDD (this will not power the KitProg section of the board)

Note: In order to use an external power supply, while KitProg is connected to the PCB USB, remove diode, D1, from the board. This ensures that VTARG supply from KitProg is not supplied to the target device. KitProg measures the target voltage and adjusts the logic levels on the programming pins accordingly.
It is important to understand that this prototyping kit does not have any onboard ESD protection circuitry. Therefore, the power source for the PSoC 5LP Prototyping Kit must be of a high quality to ensure that the board is protected from any over-current conditions and swapped-power connections.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Glad to have been of help.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes