Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using CY8CKit-001 PSOC Development Board and PSoC Creator 2.2 version. I intend to use the UART interface. I am using Windows 8.1 Enterprise N 64-bit OS and have downloaded and installed the following two drivers from Cypress website.

a. CDC_Driver_Windows_Win81_x64   b. Vendor_Class_Driver_Win81_x64

However, as I plug the Serial to USB Cable into PC, I get the following entry in Device Manager

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

and alos a pop up message "USB device not recognized"

Please let me know the concrete steps to follow to resolve this issue.

best

Abid

0 Likes
2 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I would suggest you upgrade to PSOC Creator 3.2.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using a Xilinx Zed eval board for a couple of years with no problems. It uses the CY7C64225-28PVXC chip. Two days ago I bought a new PC and let it find the driver for it on the internet, it found it, however, I keep getting the error about Other devices"

"Virtual Serial Port Device 00 "  for which it can't find the driver. I followed the pdf CY7C64225_Setup_GUide_1_1.pdf where it tells me to install the driver twice...This did not help. I am still missing the "Cypress Virtual Comm Port00". What is the proper procedure and where can I find the latest driver for my new ASUS PC?

0 Likes