Psoc 3 UART Bootload problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I try using the UART protocol (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an68272-psoc-3-psoc-4-and-psoc-5lp-uart-bootl...) but i can't program. I attach the my project and the error image. On image the the green progress bar is in this state without change... I try everything and didn't found a solution for this problem...

Thanks,

Romil

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your supplied project named UART_Bootloader_Host is missing the BootLoader component, so that will not work. I concentrated on the UART_Bootloader project which is written for a PSoC3 which I do not have.
I viewed at the definitions, found a bug in the Bootloadable2 and removed it from project.

One issue still remains: you connected Rx and Tx of the Bootloader to Port 0 Pins 0 and 1. what is the connection from those pins to your PC? You will probably need a level-shifter (like MAX232) to convert the 0..5V to +-12V for the serial interface connected to your PC. The MiniProg3 does not support an USB-UART bridge.

A way out could be to use an USB-UART component of the PSoC3 as the bootloader interface. This will appear on the PC as an emulated com-port and will be accessable by the Bootloader Host program on the PC.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Romil,

the baudrate in your bootloader is set to 115200 bd. The bootloader host is set to only 57600 bd. Try changing that to both the same value.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

now i set 57600bd in both case and the problem is same.

Any other solution?

Regards,

Romil 

0 Likes
lock attach
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You have done this step, and both configed for no flow control, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i do this in both configuration. 

this problem is very strange....

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What equipment did you use when programming the Bootloader project into the PSoC?

And I just see: You have got Hardware Tx Enable checked in your UART configuration. Still active?

And can it be that you try to program the Bootloader instead of the bootloadable???

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What equipment did you use when programming the Bootloader project into the PSoC?   I use miniprog3 RevB

You have got Hardware Tx Enable checked in your UART configuration. Still active? Yes. The UART work fine. I  create a simple project when i send and receive bytes using the UART protocol with my PC ( PC <-> PSoC).

And can it be that you try to program the Bootloader instead of the bootloadable???  It's impossible. i be careful with this situation.

Romil

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your supported picture from your first post shows a name of the hex-file as "UARTBootloa..." which would be the name of the Bootloader file. Your Bootloadable projects do not have got an "UART" in their name.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob, i can't understand your point of view.

Can you explain me?

Romil 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you look at your first post in this thread, there is a picture you provided (Progressbar).

This is the view of the BootLoader Host program. Under Step2 You selected as Bootloadable project a file named UARTBootloa???.hex (The complete name is not shown).  This is your BootLoader file and not the bootloadable!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob, 

The file i choice for bootloadable is "Bootloadable1.cyacd". 

If you try you have the same problem. Check it please

Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

any help? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't fix this bug yet.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you post your complete workspace including Bootloader and bootloadable project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi attach the files in one zip file.

Check it.

Regards,

Romil

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your supplied project named UART_Bootloader_Host is missing the BootLoader component, so that will not work. I concentrated on the UART_Bootloader project which is written for a PSoC3 which I do not have.
I viewed at the definitions, found a bug in the Bootloadable2 and removed it from project.

One issue still remains: you connected Rx and Tx of the Bootloader to Port 0 Pins 0 and 1. what is the connection from those pins to your PC? You will probably need a level-shifter (like MAX232) to convert the 0..5V to +-12V for the serial interface connected to your PC. The MiniProg3 does not support an USB-UART bridge.

A way out could be to use an USB-UART component of the PSoC3 as the bootloader interface. This will appear on the PC as an emulated com-port and will be accessable by the Bootloader Host program on the PC.

Bob

0 Likes