Debug with PSOCEVAL1 REV E Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm using PSOCEVAL1 Rev E kit to build my project. As I know that there's the only way to debug the PSOC1 is to use the ICE cube so I bought the CY3215A-DK kit. I use the CY8C29466 28DIP chip that come along with the PSOC1Eval kit to write my program. I've also bought the CY8C29X66 pod...but unfortunately cannot connect the pod to the EVAL kit because the pod footprint is much wider than the socket in the EVAL kit. I am wondering is it possible to just connect the ICE to the EVAL kit with the yellow RS485 cable which comes along with the ICE cube kit.I did try it but..."cant not connect to the pod" error came up. Please refer to the attachment photo for the setup.  

Cheers,

Dennis. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

That header on the board is an ISSP header for taking Miniprog1. There

is an adapter cable/footprint that fits the narrow dip. Or use a ZIF socket

that takes both a wide or narrow 28 pin, and is footprint narrow 28 pin.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/circuit-emulation-ice-pod-kit-debugging-...

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dana for your reply. So I cannot debugg with ISSP header.

I've been searching hard to find a 28pin ZIF adaptor to place the CY8C29x66EvalPod that I bought to the EVAL kit but I cannot find anywhere. Why Cypress stop putting it into there Eval kit?!

I tried to connect the CY8C29x66 PSoC EvalPod directly to the ICE with the blue Cat 5 cable but it is still "not connected"....Do i have to power that Evalpod externally? 

Sorry but I'm really confused with the setting and all the hassels that I'm having with PSOC1...the only realy that I'm using it to build my project is because it is the only PSOC chip that available with the DIP package...otherwise I'd prefer to use PSOC5...by the way, do you know that any PSOC5 DIP adaptor avaiable from Cypress, Dana?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers,

Dennis.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This page has a lot of info -

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy3215a-dk-circuit-emulation-lite-develo...

The CAT 5 cable is to connect backward compatibility board to Cube, not the pod to the Cube. The pod

flex cable is the primary connection of the pod to the Cube. See the user guide.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for ur help, Dana. Sorry I confused you that I bought the CY3210-29X66 board and just wanted to use it for debugging with my PSOCEVAL1. But seems like I have to somehow manually wire it to the EVAL kit or just use it as it is and connect it to another vera board. 

Regards,

Dennis. 

0 Likes