PSOC with 2.8inch TFT Touch screen v2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Im trying to get the TFT touch screen v2.0 to work with my psoc 4 development kit but to no avail. I tried to follow both tutorials 72 and 73 but both didnt work. All i see is a white screen. I hope someone out there could share me a working code or tips to make this work.

Thank you.

Amos

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Did you take a look at any of the element14 projects ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

yes I did but both didnt work. Had the same issue as some others whom mentioned that all they got was a white screen

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Some thoughts -

1) Is there an external contrast setting, voltage, etc. that is not applied ?

2) You have read the the startup and delay times needed before writing the display ?

3) Observed the power sequencing required by LCD ?

4) Confirmed timing for display R/W meets datasheet specs ?

5) P/N of display you are using ?

6) Confirmed wiring t0 display correct ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is the schematic for the unit.  Sometimes the authors fail to add the DC and ground pins to the project as this is a Arduino shield and that is taken care of by Plugging it in to the board only problem with that is the PSOC 4 may need some signals added to make it look like the Arduino board.  It seems that some of the people that tried this project had the same issue as you did.  By the way the Version V1 is very different to the V2 as they use a different LCD controller and they need a totally different program. here is the information for the Shield  http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8%27%27_TFT_Touch_Shield_V2.0

Bobgoar

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is a program that works on the ILI9340/41 Controller chip.  It has a complete Schematic on how to hook up the Shield and the correct pin out for the unit.  It is for the CY8Ckit -049-4200 PSOC prototyping  kit.  You can change it to your Poneer board by changing the Device under project in PSOC Creator and deleting the Bootloadable 4200 component and rebuild the project.  You can get the LCD from Ebay for less than $10.00 USD. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hay im having sort of the same problem. i cant seem to get any readings from my lcd touch . i can poste my code if any1 wants to look at it but it goes something like so. touchint_Read();
            int user2Move =  TOUCH1_X/30;

and this also doesnt work.. 

if(TOUCH1_X<240 && TOUCH1_Y<320){
            TFT_FillCircle(TOUCH1_X, TOUCH1_Y, 13,YELLOW );}

0 Likes