CY7C65213-28PVXI problem in Windows 8

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using a CY7C65213-28PVXI as a USB-UART bridge to talk to an Atmel AVR (running the Optiboot bootloader).  I'm using AVRDUDE to program the AVR.  The CY7C65213-28PVXI works flawlessly with AVRDUDE under Linux and Mac, but I am having problems with Windows.  I installed the Cypress serial drivers so that it appears as a COM port in the Device Manager.

It seems that after a transmission of a few consecutive bytes from the PC, there is some problem.  I have played with the baud rates and FIFO settings.  Any thoughts?

Also, is there a way to not have to install the drivers every time?  Otherwise, the device shows up as 'Virtual Serial Port Device 00' and not as a COM port.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can you please elaborate the issue you are facing with consecutive bytes transfer? Or steps to reproduce the issue?

Regarding driver installation problem:

Have you tried using  Cypress Driver Installer available in the link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit?

Thanks,
Haneesh

0 Likes