Creating Matrix Keypad

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Greetings for the day.

I am trying to configure a 4x4 Matrix Keypad using PSoC Creator 3.2 with the help of PSoC 4 Pioneer kit (i. e. mentioned to ACK device used).

While doing that I have done some part, just wanted if I am on right track or not.

As of yet my test board with 4x4 Matrix Keys implemented hasn't arrived, I'm unable to check it's o/p to verify the program. That's why I wanted to check whether I'm going ok or not.

I'm attaching my project down here, please go through it & let me know my status; guide me if I'm going wrong.

If anyone have 4x4 board to test it, please do that & convey the results.

Waiting for your positive response & valuable guidance.

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

AMraje: Here are some design files for a keyboard using Capsense.  and a Schematic for one.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

I also wanted you to have look at the code that I have written; actually I wanted to have that checked.

If you have simpler & shorter way to do that, please guide.

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Please guide me coding this 4x4 Matrix. Please tell me,

Will I be able to read the Button press with API- CapSense_GetMatrixButtonPos(uint32 widget, uint* pos)?

Do I need to write it for each of the BTN i.e. 16 times as it was with Normal BTNs scanned individually? Or calling it once will work; while assigning particular o/p's to each BTN, as I have done in my code (Please ref. it in attached project & guide accordingly)?

In this API, CapSense_GetMatrixButtonPos(uint32 widget, uint* pos)- the POINTER * pos will return 2 values, namely pos[0]=Column position & pos[1]=Row position. I want to ask, if I wish to check their Pos by row & column how can I do that? I mean I wish to have it indicating o/p LED's for corresponding ROW & COL @ BTN pressed.

Please reply, waiting.

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes